The development of Michelin work footwear is the latest extension of the Michelin brand. Using knowledge and expertise developed from producing tires and applying it to the occupational footwear market, Michelin now offers a new class of high performance boots and shoes. There have been many upgrades in technology over time allowing for better Lehigh products. One of the most significant changes for Lehigh through the years has been its being acquired by Rocky Brands in 2005. This has helped open the door to some excellent production additions to the Lehigh line including those from the Michelin brand including 6” Michelin Waterproof Steel Toe Work Boot stock # XHY662. Michelin safety shoes are made with high quality rubber outsoles combining both excellent slip resistant and wear qualities.
A key feature of the XHY662 Work Boot is its Waterproof construction. It combines a waterproof inner layer with the upper providing a barrier that helps keep water out and feet dry.
A key comfort feature of the XHY662 is its contoured removable orthotic TPU insole that is excellent for those seeking arch support. The polyurethane material used in its insole is known for its cushioning while not bottoming out features. The rigid TPU material helps provide underfoot support in the arch area. In addition to meeting the highest ASTM F2413-05 Impact & Compression standards, Michelin stock # XHY662 work boot also complies with ASTM F2413-05 Electrical Hazard standards. This type of work boot is made with insulating bottoms providing secondary electrical hazard protection to those areas dealing with open circuits under dry conditions, but also can be worn in work areas requiring only basic protective toe work boots.
- Electrical Hazard
- Michelin's exclusive Advanced Rear Suspension (ARS) providing shock absorption with every heel strike
- An Advanced non-marking Michelin HydroEdge outsole that is oil and slip-resistant
- Guaranteed waterproof construction
- Steel toe meets ASTM standards for impact and compression
- Michelin O2F technology forces air circulation through the vents providing maximum circulation and ventalation around the foot
- Durable full-grain leather uppers